Whalesong Cruises Hervey Bay: Half Day Whale Watch Tour
Let the magic of the deep blue take over. Enjoy a front row seat to this season's whale migration!
- Water level deck for close interactions
- Extra wide stable decks with ultimate viewing, meaning all guests get a front row seat
- Modern and eco-friendly boat
- Low passenger numbers in sheltered calm waters
Whale Watching Season: July 15th to October 23rd
Whalesong Whale Watching is a once-in-a lifetime trip, designed to give guests a front row seat to the mystical movements of the humpback whale. See and experience these amazing, ancient creatures up close in their natural habitat. Enjoy lower passenger numbers, and a large, stable boat - the perfect vessel for whale watching! Your experienced crew will ensure the experience is something you'll never forget, making it a valuable trip for the entire family.
- Guaranteed humpback whale sightings during Whale Season (mid-July to late-October)
- Friendly, experienced whale watching crew with over 30 years of experience
- Expert whale watching commentary and local knowledge
- Freshly baked local sweet and savoury delights
- Sumptuous tropical fruit platter
- Complimentary tea, coffee and Milo for the kids
- Light meals and snacks available
- Fully licensed and well-stocked bar
- Kids activity sheets and toddler toys
- Wheelchair ramps, access and toilet
- Our extra wide decks provide excellent viewing and seating for our guests
- Choose From: Extended Morning Cruise (5 Hours) OR Afternoon + Sunset Cruise (4 Hours)
Soak up the magic and have a whale of a time - book now to ensure you don't miss out on this seasonal experience!
- Water Level Viewing Area
- Low Passenger Numbers - Maximum of 60
- Courtesy Bus Pick Up Available in Hervey Bay from hotel and hostel accommodation
Choose between a morning cruise or an afternoon cruise:
The 5-hour Morning Cruise includes:
- Morning Tea (fruit platter and cakes)
- Buffet Lunch (fresh roasted chicken, ham, three x freshly made salads and fresh bread)
The 4-hour Afternoon + Sunset Cruise includes:
- Afternoon Tea (cheeses, sliced meats and crackers)
- Buffet dinner (slow cooked meat and vegetarian stews, soup, freshly made salads and fresh bread)
No matter which cruise you embark on, you're in for an incredible experience with Whalesong. Our longstanding commitment to the environment and sustainable practices means you can rest knowing your experience is not at the expense of the environment.
During Whale Watching season (mid-July to late-October) we run our twice-daily Whale Watch Cruises:
- 5 hour Extended Morning cruise from 8am-1pm
- 4 hour Afternoon + Sunset cruise from 2pm-6pm(ish) sometime back around 6:30pm
- From late-June to mid-July (pre guaranteed whale sightings), we offer our 5-6 hour Whale Search/Dolphin Watch cruise: 8am-1pm(ish)
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL (07) 4941 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
Wear comfy shoes and bring a small bag, including:
- Money for drinks, snacks and souvenirs
- Local knowledge and expert fauna commentary with an emphasis on whales
- Multi-lingual crew to give direct translation in French, German, Spanish and Italian - if preferred
- Multi-level viewing throughout the entire vessel
- Hydrophone to listen to the whales 'sing'
- Free WiFi onboard
- Low passenger numbers (only carry max. 70% of actual capacity)
- Extra wide decks provide many excellent viewing and comfortable seating options
- Complimentary filtered water, loose leaf tea, herbal tea, coffee and milo available all cruise
- Delicious morning tea AND lunch on morning cruise; afternoon tea AND dinner on afternoon cruise. Special dietary requirements catered for on request and with reasonable notice.
- Kids activity sheets
- Wheelchair ramps and accessible toilet
- Courtesy bus transfers from Hervey Bay accommodations
- Fully licensed and well stocked bar
- Snacks, souvenirs and merchandise available for purchase
Terms and Conditions
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
You must reconfirm all booked tours prior to travel as specified on your voucher. If applicable, notes such as dietary requirements, pick-up locations and additional fees should also be confirmed at this time. Reconfirmations cannot be actioned through Fraser Tours/Mr Travel, and must be done so directly through the Service Operator as specified on each ticket.
It is your responsibility to notify us of ticket discrepancies. Please read through the details on your voucher thoroughly to ensure all details such as passenger names, ages and dates of travel on vouchers are correct.
It is the responsibility of all passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of any medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
You need to allow adequate time to check-in prior to the specified departure time.
All prices are stated in Australian dollars and include GST. Surcharges over peak holiday seasons may apply.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices and extra costs. Extra costs may include EMC fees, Stingersuit/Wetsuit Hire, Luggage Storage, Insurance, Linen Hire, National Park Fees, Fuel Levies, Dietary Fees, etc. Bonds may also apply.
We will also endeavour to communicate these extra costs with you at the time of booking, and on your ticket. However, it is your responsibility to confirm which (if any) additional costs apply with each Service Operator upon reconfirming your trip.
It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We highly recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. You should also ensure your travel insurance will cover special circumstances including weather events preventing guests from travelling to their tour departure destination and cancelled flights due to unforeseen circumstances.
The Service Operator reserves the right to limit courtesy transfers to select local accommodations. Private residences or Airbnb properties may be asked to meet at the closest confirmed location. Failure to meet at the specified pick-up location may be treated as “No Show”, for which the Client Cancellation Policy applies.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
Terms and Conditions (including the Cancellation Policy) are subject to change. The most recent versions can be found online on the relevant product pages.
All ticket/voucher reissues attract a $20 administration fee.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the tour. If the tour operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to the departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance.
Fraser Tours are required to notify the operator of any cancellations within the specified cancellation period (24 hours). It is your responsibility to make sure you submit your cancellation request with adequate time, and during standard business hours (9am-5pm), to allow us to contact the tour provider.
Transfers between tours can be made at the suppliers discretion, however, it should be noted that supplier fees may apply. Tour transfers also incur a $20 administration fee.
It is compulsory that all cancellation requests are in writing and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations attempted via online chat or phone will not be actioned.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices, alter itineraries, apply a fuel surcharge, cancel departures, arrange alternative transport and vary itineraries and services if necessary.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Service Operator. If the Service Operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus a 20% administration fee and any associated card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
In the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store via telephone or email. While there is a Sailing Whitsundays retail outlet located Airlie Beach, please be aware that they operate as a separate entity and are unable to access reservations made by the Mr Travel online department.
All refunds are in Australian Dollars and must be made to the card of payment. Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel is not liable for exchange rate fluctuations or fees, or any other merchant/bank fees associated with domestic and/or international transactions.
Where a full refund is applicable, there is the option to transfer the whole cost of the tour to another tour or “Credit” to avoid the administration fee. A transfer fee of $20 will apply.
You will be emailed confirmation once the refund has been processed. Once the refund has been processed, it may still take time for the banks to clear the amount. Please allow 7-10 business days for the funds to clear into Australian accounts and up to 21 business days for international accounts.
All Service Operators have the right to provide client feedback and to cancel bookings based off of feedback from other Service Operators.
Please enjoy your travel experience in a kind and responsible manner.
Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel will treat this as any normal client cancellation and therefore the cancellation fees stated in the Client Cancellation Policy will apply.
Thank you for booking with our East-Coast travel experts here at Mr Travel/Fraser Tours. If you would like any further advice, assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours please get in touch.