Tasman Ventures offers astounding half-day whale-watching trips twice a day!
- Stand on our specially designed platform, taking you directly to the water’s edge
- Learn about these majestic mammals and other marine creatures including dolphins, turtles, dugongs, sharks and sea birds.
- Fast and luxurious catamaran enables you to travel to whale watching grounds
- Watch the whales from our air-conditioned underwater viewing rooms
Whale Watching Season July 9th to October 23rd
Set sail on an incredible adventure to the crystal-clear waters of the whale watching grounds on Tasman Ventures Half Day Whale Watching Encounter. Enjoy a tranquil cruise through the Great Sandy Strait, along the remote pristine western side of World Heritage listed Fraser Island to Australia’s ultimate humpback whale playground. As the whale-watching capital of the world, you're bound to enjoy the endless sights of the natural movements and moments of the charming Humpback whale. Sit back, relax and take in the view as your world-class catamaran transports you to all of the best sites.
Experience the absolute thrill of getting up close and personal to these majestic creatures, watching them frolic in the beautiful waters of Fraser Island. Our incredible viewing platform is designed specifically for this purpose, so enjoy the famous water level viewing platform and step into a daydream with these gentle giants.
- Guaranteed sightings
- Underwater viewing windows
- Water level viewing platform
- Free documentary DVD
- Two trips daily
- Experienced crew
- Free WIFI
- Delicious morning or afternoon tea plus antipasti platter on return cruise
- Fully licensed
- Kids corner
- Luxurious, fast & air-conditioned
- Locally owned & operated
- Free courtesy transfers (Hervey Bay area)
- Morning Whale Watch - 8:30am to 12:30pm
- Afternoon Whale Watch - 1:30pm to 5:30pm
Cruise times are subject to change as we are well known for having "one last look" and this can mean a later return on our cruises
What To Bring
- wear flat shoes
- polaroid sunglasses
- money for drinks and souvenirs etc.
- We are a licensed vessel.
- Guaranteed whale sighting (or return ticket)
- Expert accredited commentary
- Friendly and experienced staff
- Tea/coffee with biscuits, cake & antipasto platter on the way home
- Hydrophone equipped to hear the whales sing
- Fully licensed bar
- FREE Wi-Fi
- Underwater viewing rooms (see the whales in their natural environment)
- Access to the unique viewing platform (gets you to eye level with the whales)
- FREE "Close Encounters" Whale Watch DVD
- Entertainment for the children (toys, colouring in and DVDs)
- Multi lingual staff and whale information in 6 languages
- Air-conditioned comfort in all cabin areas
- FREE transfer from your Hervey Bay Accommodation
- Morning for drinks & souvenirs - fully licensed bar. No BYO
Terms and Conditions
Whale watching is seasonal: Mid July to late October - please call to check exact dates.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Non-swimmers on the trip are able to disembark the boat and take part in activities, however for safety reasons you must be able to swim if you wish to snorkel or dive. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip. Also please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats departure to check in, please ask us for more details
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the ticket value. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given, minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers traveling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel if you need any advice or assistance making arrangements for your accommodation or transfers please do not hesitate to ask